L.A. the new Kings of NHL Hockey won the 2012 Stanley Cup tonight completing a dream playoff run and season for Conn Smythe MVP Trophy winning goalie Johnathan Quick.
The LA Kings need to lock up a long term contract with Quick who has one year remaining. Check out his performance:
- 1.49 GA in the playoffs – NHL Record
- 10 consecutive playoff road games – NHL Record
- 16-4 Playoffs won-loss – Tied NHL Record
- Won first three games of all four playoff series.
- Most playoff shutouts one season in NHL history.
For the first time, after waiting 45 years, the LA Kings have won the Stanley Cup. They’re young enough, big and fast enough to do it again.
Los Angeles Kings became the first NHL eighth seed to win a title and they did so by winning a record 10 straight road games.
The city of LA has another champion sports franchise. The NHL has the Figueroa Street Bullies.
Congratulations to the whole LA Kings team and the professionalism of coach Darryl Sutter. Hermosa Beach, California will be rocking tonight.